Your clients demand a comprehensive and objective edit of their manuscript.
But how does a writer know they’re going to get the edit they need and deserve? They hire a Fictionary Certified StoryCoach. Fictionary StoryCoaches have been trained to edit in a comprehensive and objective way using StoryCoach software.
You want to deliver professional edits in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
StoryCoach is productivity software for smart editors. The new online tool for performing better structural edits in less time. By using StoryCoach along with taking this certification program, you'll become an exceptional editor.
I want to help you achieve your goals.
I'll personally help you become exceptional. We'll talk for an hour to get you started. Again for an hour when you are halfway through the certification program, and a third hour when I review your edit with you. You'll get three hours of coaching from me.
My promise to you.
This program delivers a step-by-step approach to becoming an exceptional editor. I offer world-class support and personal coaching, so you can help your clients tell powerful stories.
Sacha Black, Fictionary Certified Story Coach
"If you want to be an editor, StoryCoach certification is THE qualification to take. Why? StoryCoach training only qualifies one type of editor: the best in the world. StoryCoach will give you in-depth knowledge about story from first word to final chapter. You’ll learn about character depth, common writing mistakes and how to fix them, tension, pace, plot, setting as well as 38 elements of story.
You’ll have opportunities to ask questions as the StoryCoach training team are there for you every step of the way.
If you want to be a world-class story editor, you have to take this course."
- A Personal Message From Kristina (0:34)
- Welcome to the Fictionary Certified StoryCoach program
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Introduction to Certification (7:13)
- Improving the Way Editors Work With Writers
- Story Coaching
- What is a Fictionary StoryCoach
- What is Fictionary StoryCoach Video (1:51)
- StoryCoach Feedback to Your Client
- How to Use StoryCoach
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Using StoryCoach (1:12)
- How You Will be Evaluated
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Editing Flow (2:09)
- Before You Begin Editing
- Where to Begin Editing
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Why Update the Cast (1:55)
- Meet the Cast of Characters
- StoryCoach Tutorial: The Cast Of Characters (1:16)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: A Quick Intro (3:37)
- See the Story Structure
- Read the Scene
- After Reading the Scene
- The First and Last Scene
- How to Deliver a Great Summary Letter
- Sample Summary Letter (High Quality Story)
- Product for Your Client
- Sample Introductory Letter to Client
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Sample Scene Edit (10:25)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Client Account Overview (2:04)
- Quiz: A New Way To Edit
- Plot Versus Structure Versus Story
- Scene Name
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Scene Name (2:32)
- Story Arc
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Updating the Story Arc (0:54)
- Purpose of a Scene
- Scene Opening Type
- Scene Closing Type
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Opening & Closing Types (3:26)
- Scene Anchored
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Scene Anchored (2:04)
- Scene Entry Hook
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Scene Entry Hook (2:00)
- Scene Exit Hook
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Scene Exit Hook (2:34)
- Quiz: Basic Plot Elements
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Tension (4:31)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Conflict (2:55)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Revelation (2:51)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Backstory (2:30)
- StoryCoach Tutorial: Flashbacks (3:23)
- Scene Middle
- Scene Climax
- Action / Sequel
- Reader Knowledge Gained
The Story Arc
StoryCoach automatically creates powerful visuals by analyzing your manuscript from start to finish. Insights such as the Story Arc provide a 30,000-foot view of the manuscript and quickly highlight structural areas that need improvement.
Characters Per Scene
StoryCoach automatically identifies character names, links characters to scenes, and shows you where and when each character appears in the story.
StoryCoach is designed for scene-by-scene editing that leads to "seeing" the entire story structure in a new way. You'll start by looking at the cast of characters, viewing the structure, then moving to scene-by-scene editing, and finally reviewing the overall structure again.
Jefferson Gaskin, Fictionary Certified Story Coach
"I was blown away by the comprehensiveness of the StoryCoach Certification Course. Through video tutorials and in-depth materials, the course gives you everything you need to use the StoryCoach software as effectively and efficiently as possible.
What really amazed me, though, was its focused, easy-to-understand method for breaking down a story into its basic elements and evaluating narrative for dramatic effect.
StoryCoach Certification Training has supercharged my editing, helping me to focus attention on specific elements that make it easy to give clients specific, actionable advice. I highly recommend it to all fiction editors, whether new to the industry or seasoned veteran."
Kristin McTiernan, Fictionary Certified Story Coach
"I was blown away by the StoryCoach program! The software prompts you to focus on all the elements of the plot and characters, many of which you wouldn't even think to comment on if you were editing a story in a regular word processor.
The course was very clear and once I got into the program, I was so excited to apply what I'd learned in the class to an actual novel. If you want to blow your editing clients away with a thorough and in-depth story critique, definitely get your certification and start using this amazing program!"
Dawn Field, Fictionary Certified Story Coach
An in-depth course that's a must have for every story editor. Editing a manuscript and having it evaluated boosted my editing skills into overdrive!
Program Created by Kristina Stanley
Combining her degree in computer mathematics with her success as a bestselling, award-winning author and fiction editor, Kristina Stanley is the creator and CEO of Fictionary - creative editing software for fiction writers and editors. She is a Fictionary Certified Story Coach and Story Editing Advisor to Alliance Of Independent Authors.
Her novels include The Stone Mountain mystery series and Look the Other Way. Her non-fiction title The Authors Guide to Selling Books to Non-Bookstores helps Indie authors sell books. She's on the board of directors for the Story Studio Writing Society, a charity that inspires, educates and empowers youth to be great storytellers. She’s a passionate guide-dog trainer and hiker.
Start a 14-day free trial of Fictionary StoryCoach and see how it helps you perform a comprehensive, objective edit.